How to Change Your Facebook Business Page Name.
I get this question all the time: why can’t I change the name of my Facebook page?
It has everything to do with Facebook’s new transparency measures. Well, I shouldn’t say ‘new transparency’ measures but as of lately Facebook has 100% made noticeably different actions to ensure there is better transparency between users and business pages.
In fact, a few months ago, Facebook confirmed to me that they removed the ‘hide-from-timeline’ feature for business pages (click here to read more). Facebook also created new restrictions for advertisers who wants to boost content about national concern or politics (more on that in another blog post).
My point is, it isn’t super easy to change the name of your page on Facebook. BUT, I am here to tell you that it can be done. I know it is possible to change the name of a Facebook page because I’ve done it… more than once.
Here is what you’re going to need to do BEFORE you submit the name change:
- Post a press release on your website describing why the Facebook page name is changing. Clearly stating what the name of the page was and what it will be.
- Post the said press release on your Facebook post as a pinned post.
- It helps to also make a statement in the ‘about’ section and in the ‘my story section’.
- It also helps to have official state documents handy.
Now, go through the process to change the name of the Facebook page.
- Go to the ‘about’ section of the page you manage.
- In the ‘name’ section – type the name of your NEW Facebook page.
- Click submit
Facebook will direct you to your support inbox page. Facebook will take some time to review your request.
IF you’re rejected – open a chat with Facebook and request an appeal.
Send me a DM any where on social media if you need help! @digitalsargeant