Local Business Email Marketing
Email marketing falls under what I call an ‘audience connector’, which is basically anything extra a business does to connect and grow their audience.
Email marketing is a great way to stay top of mind with your audience, and of course to connect with your audience.
My case study didn’t have an email list until we implemented a strong email marketing strategy for their business. They grew from a list of 0 to a list well into the thousands (all organically) and has an open rate average of 35% – 45%.
Which is OUTSTANDING!
In the video below, I give you my top email marketing tips:
Here are my top email marketing tips for local businesses:
- Control the design of your email by designing the email in Canva (or another design builder).
- Add a pop-up opt-in form on top performing pages (but after 45 seconds)(like the one on this page).
- Don’t spam your audience with too many emails (1 a month is a good start unless opting in to a drip campaign).
- Use personal tags in the subject line.
- Create a catchy preview line to increase open rate.
- Create a strong call to action to increase a strong click through rate.
Email marketing is an outstanding audience connector that can help you stay top of mind with your audience. The major takeaway is to be courteous to your email community by not spamming them, to be personal, and to create interesting email campaigns!